Durham Brand & Co. = Bourbon & Grit
When you see big-time work for big-time players, it’s easy to jump to conclusions thinking there’s a team of designers, copywriters, project managers, accountants, creative directors, etc. However, little do we know that sometimes behind the scenes pulling strings is a one man / one woman army wearing each hat kicking out mountains of highly crafted work.
Usually, these are just normal blue collared beings with a superhero drive to make shit happen in their lives. Their tenacity is fueled by family, bills, coffee and in this case, Bourbon.
If you’re a sucker for branding, typography and want some guidance in slaying great work for great clients then buckle your seat belts as Austin Dunbar of Durham Brand & Co. joins us today on the show.
Austin has a gritty and delicately crafted style and his typography, compositions and texture game is on another planet. Let’s just say he’s not human but he works for brands us humans recognize like Hershey’s, Adobe, Michelob, Pop-Tarts and a few thou shall not be named but they are heavy hitters.
Peel Back the Layers
In this fast-paced episode we peel the layers back on:
- Building relationships that lead to more work
- Pitching, pricing and delivering the goods
- Trimming the fat and focusing on what’s most important
- Setting large goals with confidence
- Having a good ass time doing your thing
Listeners of this episode enjoy a 10% discount on Austin’s top-notch merch game with the code PERSPECTIVE through his shop.
- Austin Dunbar / Durham Brand and Co. – Website / Shop / Instagram
- Register for Crop Conference
- Dose of Inspiration: @mrchrista_myl
- Podcast editor: Aine Brennan
- Podcast music: Blookah
Want to Support the Show?
- Become a backer on Patreon
- Leave an iTunes Rating and Review
- Share the show on social media or follow the Perspective Podcast Instagram
- Crypto Donation Support
- Bitcoin: 1j5vE64PWgkJHGnGSrAiJK82bnfn7fBgu
- Ethereum: 0xFf60588C873E34235dE371450d58129d8d7cAC16
- Litecoin: LerTFZfvtW4iH7qJM8vSE9mkdQA24yKmB6
- Subscribe via your favorite podcast player: