Dina Rodriguez on How to Build a Thriving Community Around Your Art
I don’t care what anyone says, but every one of us, whether we know it or not, is creating a personal brand.
Every interaction we have, every post we publish, and every action we take begins to design what we show the world and the people we are trying to repel or attract to our tribe.
When you’re self-aware of this, you can use it to your advantage and be more specific and strategic about creating and speaking to the things that you hold highest in your belief system and interests.
In our creative community, one of the most self-aware people I know who shows up as their truest self online and in-person, is my new friend Dina Rodriguez who slays under the name Letter Shoppe.
Dina creates art that supports mental health, body positivity, and cannabis culture. In the process, she’s created an insanely supportive and engaged community.
Yes, she’s a talented artist, but she’s an even wittier and savvier marketer who knows how to give her audience what they need while remaining true to her core identity and treating her work like play.
She has a thriving merch business, a poppin’ Patreon tribe, and enough pep and energy to power up 5 power plants.
Did I mention she’s the brains behind that rapidly growing @womenofillustration account spotlighting the insanely talented women in our creative community?
Ya, you’re going to want to take notes on this one because Dina drops mad insight on:
- Building a community around your work
- Locking down buckets of interests and values for your brand
- Creating a successful merch business
- Making work that’s relatable/shareable
- Promoting yourself, customer psychology, revenue streams, pizza, weed, and everything in between
Today’s episode is going to empower and challenge you to analyze how you’re showing up each day and the message you want to put into this world.
As always, keep an open mind and act on anything that inspires you today. Let’s go.
Please share this one with your friends and family if you found value in it.
Are You Seeking Clarity & Community? Check out The Side Hustler’s Coaching Program
If you want that extra level of clarity, community, and accountability develop a process that helps you win with your work, sign up for the Side Hustler’s Coaching Program A-List waitlist now for January’s relaunch.
- Connect with Dina: Instagram | Website | Patreon | Shop
- Follow Women of Illustration on Instagram
- Join the Coaching Program A-List Waitlist
- Download your FREE Side Hustler’s War Chest
- Get your FREE audiobook download from Audible
- Join our Private Global Facebook Community of Creators
- Listener of the Week: cvida1984_USA
- Podcast Editor: Aine Brennan
- Shownotes Editor: Paige Garland
- Video Editor: Colton Bachar
- Podcast music: Blookah