Stay In Your Own Lane & Create Your Own Wave
It’s so easy to get wrapped up in what other people are doing or to give into the temptation to jump on the latest trend.
One of the hardest things to do as a creative is to go with your gut and pursue work that’s true to you.
I like to call this staying in your own lane instead of swerving into someone else’s and riding their wave.
I feel this is self-mastery at it’s finest, and it’s not something you can attain overnight. It takes years and tons of hard-learned lessons to get to the point where you’re self-aware of the artistic voice blooming inside of you and pouring that onto your canvas.
I’m five and a half years deep, and I’m just now feeling like I’m finding my artistic voice. I’m using this voice to construct the lane I want to navigate for the next 20 years.
This show exists to challenge and empower you to find your own groove over time.
Today’s episode, I’m bringing back my mentor and one of the people I look up to the most in this creative sport.
The King of Crunk Friday
I’m talking about Mr. Crunk Friday himself, Jason Craig, aka @jasonthe29th on IG.
What I admire so much about this dude is that he stays in his lane and owns it. Matter of fact, he embraces and thrives within it, and it’s inspiring how he truly navigates his own creative realm.
He’s a Southern gentleman with a Midwestern work ethic crushing the full-time art and design game in Augusta, GA.
When he’s not winning awards, speaking on big stages, or being involved in the creative community, he’s helping guide people like I am through these rocky terrains to get to the green pastures on the other side through witty analogies and Level 62 wizard-like advice.
Take notes, strap in and get familiar with this fine fellow as Jason and I peel back the layers on:
- Not carrying last week’s stress into this week’s success
- Finding what works for you and pursuing what feels like play
- Doing more of what you like and feels good
- Establishing rhythms, routines, and patterns
- Making your own plate at buffets, creative outlets, full-time freelance, and flash sheets
We overcome a lot of technical difficulties to drop this fire on you, and I have no doubt there’s a nugget tucked away that you can apply to your creative grind.
Please share this one with your friends and family if you found value in it.
Are You Seeking Clarity & Community? Check out The Side Hustler’s Coaching Program
If you want that extra level of clarity, community, and accountability develop a process that helps you win with your work, sign up for the Side Hustler’s Coaching Program A-List waitlist now for January’s relaunch.
- Connect with Jason: Instagram | Website | Dribbble | Shop | LinkedIn
- Join the Coaching Program A-List Waitlist
- Download your FREE Side Hustler’s War Chest
- Get your FREE audiobook download from Audible
- Join our Private Global Facebook Community of Creators
- Listener of the Week: michaelayarbs_USA
- Podcast Editor: Aine Brennan
- Shownotes Editor: Paige Garland
- Video Editor: Colton Bachar
- Podcast music: Blookah