This episode is brought to you by Audible
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/PerspectivePodcast. With over 180,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect book.
Jon Contino on How to Produce Good Work by Being Yourself
When you’re on your creative grind, it’s important to get your hands dirty, make mistakes, and get lost in your work. This helps you develop your style, find your voice, and carve your niche. That, in turn, attracts commissions and people to your artistic mission and vision.
Jon Contino is someone who’s been doing cool shit before it was cool and unapologetically pours themselves into their work.
Jon’s a designer, letterer, illustrator, and branding sorcerer hailing from New York who conjures up dope work for massive brands like Nike, Coca-Cola, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and AT&T through his Contino Studio Agency.
Today, Jon and I peel back the layers of:
- What branding is and isn’t
- His illustration process and humbling backstory
- Creating good work that’s true to yourself
- Being a design sponge outside of the internet
- Turning flaws into strengths and more
If you need a boost to go the extra mile in showing your true self in your work, then this episode was made for you.
Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed and found this episode value, I need your help spreading it! Please, share a screenshot or video of the episode you’re listening to and tag me on Instagram at @prspctv_cllctv and @perspectivepodcast—and let’s connect.
- Connect with Jon Contino: Instagram | Website
- Purchase Jon Contino’s book
- Listen to the Nose Know’s Podcast
- Get your FREE audiobook download from Audible
- Join our Private Global Facebook Community of Creators
- Subscribe to the weekly P-C Newsletter
- Listener of the Week: BlaBla from Canada
- Podcast Editor: Aine Brennan
- Shownotes Editor: Paige Garland
- Video Editor: Colton Bachar
- Podcast music: Blookah