This episode is brought to you by Audible
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at audibletrial.com/PerspectivePodcast. With over 180,000 titles to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect book.
A 6 Step Game Plan for Finding Clarity to Create Your Own Future
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.” Abe Lincoln
I’m fired up for this punchy solo episode today. I’ve been answering a lot of questions via IG DMs or in my Private Facebook Community, and there seems to be a theme in a lot of my responses.
I compiled a lot of the pattern answers together and crafted this little diddy to help you know what you want out of life and how to make a game plan to go get it.
Today, I’m giving you a 6 Step Game Plan for Finding Clarity to Create Your Own Future.
I want this to be an episode you can easily go back and reference when you’re lacking clarity or need that spark to keep pushing forward.
1. Have a Vision
- “Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” – Jonathan Swift
- Lockdown these 3 things and be as specific as possible
- Know what you want
- Know who you want to be
- Know where you’re going
- Action Step: Write down a detailed answer for each of the 3 aforementioned areas and note if this vision pertains to the short term (this year) or longer term (3, 5, or 10 years from now)
2. Build a Game Plan
- Give yourself a target to aim at short term and long term
- Set goals
- Make them SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timebound
- Have a way to track and measure your goals
- Place your goals where you can see them each day
- Action Step: What’s one thing you want to accomplish in 2019? How can you break it down into a SMART goal?
3. Take Action
- Stop waiting on your dream to come to you
- Opportunities don’t magically come to your front door like a piping hot and freshly delivered pizza
- Take initiative and ownership of your situation and what you want out of life
- Action Step: With your previously created SMART goal, what’s the first step you should take? Act on it today if you’re able to.
4. Build Relationships
- It’s not what you know—it’s who you know
- Who you know will get your foot in the door; what you know (skills) will get you the cheddar
- Be a giver and not a taker by providing value and serving others
- COMMUNITY IS EVERYTHING
- Action Step: Inject yourself into a community of like-minded people who are all working towards similar visions as you.
5. Be Consistent
- Seanwes- “People don’t notice announcements, people notice consistency.”
- Remind people you exist by staying in front of them on multiple channels
- Action Step: I recommend a minimum of putting art or content into the interwebs at least once a week
- Excuses ≠ Results (excuses are easy; results are hard)
6. Be Persistent
- Life is fucking tough, but adversity is the bridge that leads you to your next destination
- It takes a lot of grit and perseverance to get through those crusty times (low moments) in life
- Having something you’re passionate about that provides a purpose to your life, and others will help see you through those tough times
- Action Step: Hoard your victories
Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed and found this episode value, I need your help spreading it! Please, share a screenshot or video of the episode you’re listening to and tag me on Instagram at @prspctv_cllctv and @perspectivepodcast—and let’s connect.
- Get your FREE audiobook download from Audible
- Join our Private Global Facebook Community of Creators
- Subscribe to the weekly P-C Newsletter
- Listener of the Week: Ian Deloney from USA
- Podcast Editor: Aine Brennan
- Shownotes Editor: Paige Garland
- Video Editor: Colton Bachar
- Podcast music: Blookah