This episode is brought to you by Crop Conference
Crop is a 2-day celebration of creativity, community and inspiration April 18th & 19th in Baton Rouge, LA. Register today before it sells out and use Promo Code PIZZA at checkout to be entered to win a FREE ticket to their PopUp Crop Fall event! Check out the full lineup at Cropcons.com
Little Patterns on Niching Down, Pricing, Contracts, & Licensing
Our incredibly talented guest today is Maggie Enterrios of Little Patterns.
Her incredibly-detailed style has landed her clients like Apple, Instagram, and the Chicago White Sox. Soon, she’s gonna drop a project with Champagne Papi…listen to the end, or Google it if you don’t know who that is!
While her work is out of this world, I most admire her business chops and willingness to share her knowledge.
Today, Maggie doesn’t hold back as we go deep into:
- Pricing your work for small brands and agencies and pitching
- The importance of contracts and breaking down licensing
- How to be more confident and take yourself seriously
- Defining your label instead of letting others define it for you
View this post on Instagram
Hi friends! I spent the day over at @goodtype, and now I’m back over here to share a HUGE sneak peek of a very special collab, launching this holiday season. ✨ @dandelionchocolate (aka, best client…ever?) releases a San Francisco themed Advent Calendar each year, featuring chocolates made by all local chocolatiers. This year, I designed the box! 🍫 Here’s a proof of the cover, with lettering by the incredible, gorgeous, talented @lisa_quine. 😻👯♀️ This is basically my favorite thing ever.
View this post on Instagram
Champagne for @champagnepapi. 🍾 Design that tells a story: Working with Brent Hocking, I Illustrated the pattern for @modselectionchampagne, bringing his vision to life with a modern interpretation of the tradition, heritage and elegance that is champagne. What an honor. #blessthishouse
Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed and found this episode value, we need your help spreading it. Take a screenshot of the podcast episode you’re listening to and tag me on Instagram at @prspctv_cllctv and @perspectivepodcast—and let’s connect.
- Connect with Maggie of Little Patterns: Website | Instagram | Behance
- Book Recommendations: Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines
- Little Patterns Guided Journals: Nature Observer | Gather
- Article: Illustration Licensing Explained – For The Small Business Owner & Marketer
- Article: Types of Illustration Licensing
- Join our Private Global Facebook Community of Creators
- Subscribe to the weekly P-C Newsletter
- Listener of the Week: riveting and revolting… from Austria
- Podcast Editor: Aine Brennan
- Shownotes Editor: Paige Garland
- Podcast music: Blookah